dua.com is looking for a Backend Engineer to become part of our team! We’re on a mission to connect over 12 million Albanians around the globe. Be it Albanians from Kosovo, Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Turkey, Switzerland, the UK, and beyond, we’re aiming to empower your relationships and meaningful connections with peers. Search for your partner anyplace, anywhere, anytime, and meet them in person.
As a Backend (cloud) Engineer you will work on scaling our platform and leveraging the existing/ technologies to improve the experience of our dua.com app. As a permanent part of a great team, along with the best tools, you will help expand the cloud services/microservices to support many great new features that serve our users.
Are you looking for a Job? Then keep looking… We have a mission instead.
- Designing, coding, testing and deploying internal and customer-facing cloud services in Node.js (but not limited to Node.js)
- Managing and deploying AWS based resources, mostly serverless
- Ownership of products/services from design through delivery
- Any other task that needs to be done in the Startup / Business Development / taking care of others 🙂
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of one year of experience with cloud development and technologies
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies such as RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS etc.
- Deep understanding of cloud API technologies – REST, JSON
- Familiarity with microservices and microservice architecture
- Experience using NoSQL/SQL data stores
- Familiarity with security-first/privacy-first approach to design/development
- Experience using Git
- Experience working on a CI/CD environment
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options available.
- A dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!
- We created dua.com because we saw a challenge that needed to be solved. Even though Albanians have made tremendous strides around the world, there was not a single platform that brought the amazing Albanian people together.
- We are empowering Albanians by using our services to make new friends, find and create meaningful relationships, or extend their professional network.
Start: As soon as possible.
Employment Type: Full-time Application (3 days remote – 2 days office)
Sound like a fit? We can’t wait to hear from you.