Spotted is a hyperlocal app that connects you quickly and easily with people around you who share the same interests and who have crossed your path.
Starting in 2013, driven by this thought, we have reached millions of people from Berlin and Paris to San Francisco and New York to Casablanca and Kuala Lumpur.
How does it work?
It helps you find people you met along the way. Write posts and find new people to go out with.
After users install the app on smartphones and allow tracking via GPS, they will be regularly located and will later be shown all people who have been in the same places at the same time and people who they might have met.
The platform serves as a gateway to:
- Discover people that spend time in their favorite places and meet like-minded individuals.
- Write posts anonymously and find new people to hang out with.
- Start meaningful connections and conversations with nearby people.
The app is exclusively available for download in the Apple AppStore and Google Play Store. Regular updates are also offered there!
Downloading the app and creating and customizing your profile is free.
With the free basic features, you can easily make your first contacts.
- You can view your encounters with people from your current area at any time; the page is updated regularly so you don’t miss any new encounters.
- A new match is available every 24 hours.
- You can write to and chat with your daily match for free.
- Unlimited winks are also available.
- If you have a déjà vu match with someone, you can start chatting right away!
- You also have the option to describe what you are looking for in anonymous posts.
Spotted takes consistent action against fake profiles. We regularly check for such cases. However, if you suspect a profile, you can report it to us and we will investigate it.
Currently, Spotted can only be used on your smartphone. This is because Spotted is designed to find people you’ve met by activating location. Depending on the places you visit, the app will present you with new people near you.
Using it via a computer would interfere with this feature or make it less accurate, which could decrease its effectiveness.
Have you given the Spotted app permission to access your smartphone’s location?
Spotted allows you to find people you’ve met by enabling location. Depending on the places you visit, the app will show you new people in your area.
It may occasionally take a brief moment for the Spotted to update your location.
Also, make sure your hometown is set correctly in your profile.
You have the option to enable or disable your location in the private settings of your smartphone.